A serious personal injury can be a life-altering event. The types and number of injuries people sustain each year are staggering.
- More than 1.7 million people suffer from a brain injuries each year as reported by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- ·The Highway Traffic Safety Administration states that there are more than 10 million car accidents annually.
- ·Approximately 8.9 million people end up in emergency rooms due to falls (National Safety Council).
It is critical that, if you become injured in the Tallahassee area, you obtain legal counsel. A personal injury lawyer will investigate the facts of your case, advise you on the action that should be taken, and work to ensure that you are awarded compensation that is due to you.
Types of Personal Injury
The types of personal injury are many and varied. In addition to the brain injuries, car accidents, and falls mentioned above, other types which could warrant personal injury lawsuits include:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents: besides automobiles this includes other vehicles such as semi-trucks, motorcycles, and buses
- Medical Malpractice: Some of the areas covered by this are misdiagnosis, overdose of a drug, and injuries sustained by a child at birth,
- Defective Products: If the product is defective through no fault of you and subsequently causes injury to you
- Wrongful Death: If the death could have been avoided you may be compensated for emotional distress as well as any financial loss.
Getting Legal Help from a Personal Injury Attorney
If you are injured and you believe it resulted from someone else’s recklessness, negligence or other intentional reason, it is important to consult with an attorney. Even if there was no malice involved, the insurance company may be reticent – this is another reason a personal injury attorney is necessary.
The process of recovering due compensation is multi-faceted. In many instances there is a Statue of Limitations, which means a lawsuit must be filed within a certain amount of time. The amount due to you will depend on the type of injury. It will also depend on the circumstances involved. An experienced attorney will be able to see to it that all these details are handled.
Contact the Law Office of Collin Cherry, P.L. in Tallahassee
If you have been injured, you need to learn what your rights are in respect to that injury. Collin Cherry has the experience and skill to provide you with sound advice and then ensure that the legal process is effectively concluded with minimal stress to you. Mr. Cherry insists on the respect and justice due to you and will work to achieve the compensation you deserve.
Call today for a free consultation at 850-224-1100